Thursday, August 21, 2014

Note to

If I have learned anything,
I have learned,
Don't get too close. 
Someone is gonna break your heart
Someone is gonna leave you in the dust
Someone is gonna say the worst words you've ever heard
And it would never have happened
If you had stayed that little bit more detached. 
I want to scream don't leave me behind
Don't leave me alone with them
I don't know if I'll make it through the year
But it's a bit late for that
And if we never see each other again
I have no one to blame. 
I'm sorry I got close
I'm sorry I took up their time
I'm sorry she only saw you when you weren't capable of doing things yourself
I'm sorry she doesn't understand that you're as much of an adult as she was when she was your age. 
I'm sorry that I do have someone to blame for that. 
I'm sorrier that it's me. 
She's afraid you won't ask for help when you need it 
And I mostly think you won't need help
But if you do ask for help
She's going to applaud you
She's going to be obnoxious
I know I could have prevented this
I'm sorry I didn't understand that until now. 
It still feels like you're abandoning me. 
I know you need to leave but I don't know how I'll make it if you do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment